We’ve all heard of fruit skewers, but have you heard of fruit and marinated tofu skewers? All are grilled on a stick to make the prettiest and freshest finger food around.
8 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained, and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons tamari
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
4 ounces cremini mushrooms
1 pineapple, chopped into chunks
1 red bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
Extra virgin olive oil, for grilling
1. Place the tofu cubes in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and chili powder together and pour over tofu. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Parboil the sweet potato chunks for 10 minutes or until just tender.
3. Clean the mushrooms and cut off the ends of the stems. If some of the mushrooms are large, cut into halves or thirds.
4. Skewer the tofu, sweet potato, pineapple, red and yellow bell peppers, and mushrooms onto each skewer.
5. Brush grill or grill pan with oil and set to medium-high heat. Grill skewered vegetables and fruit until there are grill marks. Flip and grill the other side.
Protein: 16 grams per serving (2 skewers)
Active Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes