Spicy and Creamy Cajun Chicken with Bell Peppers – easy, lean, and healthy one-pan dinner! The chicken breasts are coated with the homemade Cajun seasoning and topped with cream cheese. Then, the chicken is oven-baked on top of the sliced bell peppers. A gluten-free and low-carb recipe that will become a family favorite!
This spicy and creamy Cajun chicken bake is great both for lunch and dinner. The flavors in this quick and easy recipe are out of this world!
Moist and juicy chicken breasts are smothered with cream cheese and topped with bell peppers. Similar to this simple broccoli cheddar chicken. And the best part? This one-pot dinner is done in under 45 minutes. Including the prep and the baking time. Everything is cooked in one pan, so the clean-up is minimal
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Place thinly sliced bell peppers on the bottom of the casserole dish.
3. Place chicken breasts on top so that the peppers will cook underneath the chicken.
4. Generously sprinkle Cajun seasoning all over the chicken breasts.
5. Sprinkle the chicken with minced garlic.
6. Top each chicken breast with 2 slices of cream cheese.
7. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
8. Bake the chicken uncovered at 375 F in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
9. Broil for 2 minutes, if desired.
10. To serve this baked Cajun chicken dinner, scoop the bell peppers from underneath the chicken. Place them around the chicken and on top.